Back to Projects
Powerscourt Distillery is located on the grounds of Powerscourt Estate, Co. Wicklow. The project consisted of an extension to an old mill building to house the new Distillery Process Manufacturing Plant and a Front of House Visitor Centre which also encompasses a refurbishment of the old mill. JV Tierney & Co. collaborated on our design for the Mechanical & Electrical Services with the process equipment designers Forsyths, a 5th generation family-owned business from Scotland who have been manufacturing distilling equipment since the 1890’s.
The project was split into two phases, the first comprising of the construction and fit-out of the new Extension with the services and equipment associated with the production of whiskey in the Distillery. The second phase was the fit-out of the Front of House Visitor’s Area, distillery tour facilities and amenities, including refurbishment of the old mill. In the first phase, JV Tierney & Co. were responsible for providing all Mechanical & Electrical services with the exception of the process plant and equipment. In the second phase, JV Tierney & Co. were responsible for all of the Mechanical, Electrical and Lift services for the Front of House.
- The installation of a BMS controls system to manage, control and monitor the ventilation systems
- Interface with the process plant to utilise waste heat from the process to heat the Front of House underfloor heating system
- Thin bed underfloor heating system
- New ESB substation to serve the Distillery
- Low Voltage installation, including all low voltage mains switchgear, e.g. Main Incoming Panel, Main Distribution Board, Sub-Distribution Boards, LV Mains Distribution System
- New Lift transport system
- Power & Control Wiring for Mechanical and other specialised installations
Get in touch with us:
00 353 1 421 4900