Lidl Regional Distribution Centre, Mullingar
Back to Projects
This project at Lidl Regional Distribution Centre Mullingar provides an extension to the existing warehouse of 15,000m2 area to create a gross area of over 59,000m2. This project includes the full refurbishment and fit-out of the existing Administration office block. A total of 254 car parking spaces and cycle parking spaces are provided on the site, circulation space surrounding the building, gate house, pump house, sprinkler tank and electricity substation.
JVT provided full M&E Design for the Warehouse, Office Wings, and Site, including:
- LED lighting with DALI dimming control
- Extensive use of daylight harvesting to reduce lighting demand
- MV power distribution to new 2MVA transformer
- Protective service design including fire alarm, emergency lighting, lightning protection, and sprinkler system with over 20,000 sprinkler heads
- Roof mounted 1.21 MWp solar photovoltaic (PV) system – the renewable generation will deliver approximately 20% of the overall electrical demand of the RDC.
- Up to 500kW of waste refrigeration services heat utilised to provide LTHW to serve anti-heave and underfloor heating, as well as radiant panel heating to Warehouse areas
- Cascade condensing gas boilers provide additional LTHW to peak up underfloor heating demand
- Heating plantroom incl. pumps, pressurisation units, expansions vessels and all associated controls
Alongside the Lidl Regional Distribution Centre in Newbridge, the solar array will be among the largest roof-top arrays in the Republic of Ireland, with the potential to create enough electrical energy to power up to 2,000 average households.
Get in touch with us:
00 353 1 421 4900